Please note: This feature is only available for Personal Accounts at this time.
Have a personal checking or savings account at another bank or credit union? Set up external transfers to move funds between accounts directly.
External accounts must meet the following criteria:
The account must be a checking or savings account held at a bank located in the United States.
You must own the account and your name must be in the account title.
This feature is only available to Personal Accounts at this time.
Add an External Account instantly with Plaid
- Log in to online banking via the nbkc mobile app or nbkc.com.
- Select Move Money ➡ Manage External Account ➡ Verify Instantly.
- Select Continue ➡ Search for the Financial Institution
- Enter your credentials ➡Select Submit ➡ Select your identity verification method ➡ Select Account then continue.
- You will then be prompted to enter a Secure Access Code (SAC) to verify your identity with nbkc.
- After the verification is completed you can now begin moving funds to your nbkc account.
Add an External Account Manually with Micro-Deposits
Log in to online banking via the nbkc mobile app or nbkc.com.
Select Move Money ➡ Manage External Account ➡ Verify Manually.
Enter the account number, routing number, and account type of the external bank account you are linking.
Note: If you’re linking a money market account, make sure to confirm with your other bank whether it’s considered a checking or savings account. Choosing the wrong account type in this step may delay the setup process.
Two test deposits will be sent to your external account to confirm the information within 2-3 business days.
Verify the external account Manually with Micro-Deposits
- After 2-3 business days, check the activity of the external account you linked for two small deposits from nbkc bank. They may appear in your statement as nbkc bank or have a more general description. Take note of the amounts.
- Log in to online banking via the mobile app or nbkc.com.
- Select Move Money ➡ Manage External Accounts.
- Select Verify on the account that needs to be verified under the Manage External Account(s) section.
- Enter the two micro-deposit amounts that you received in your external account and select Submit.
- After the verification is completed you can now begin moving funds between your nbkc account and external account.
Authorizing your account
By completing this process, you authorize nbkc bank to debit or credit this account for the amount you instruct and at the frequency you request.
The authorization will stay in effect until you provide written notice of termination and nbkc bank has a reasonable amount of time to act on it.